No not that kind, do you mind my Mum reads this! No the Gnocchi kind of nookie. Never sure how to say it so we call it nookie. I am partial to
nookie Gnocchi and was pleased when found this recipe on the web. (Thanks to Canadian Living) Hubby raved about it (yes dear it would be good with ____ and ____ also but suggest in that case you make it yourself! honestly he thinks he is John Torode sometimes) so much so I knew I had to share it with you.
Chicken and Dumplings
- 2 cups 500 mL chicken broth
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 tbsp 30 mL butter
- 1 small onion, diced
- 4 leeks trimmed and slice
- 1 large carrot, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. 30 mL flour
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 pkg 500 g Gnocchi pasta (potato dumplings)
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- In saucepan, bring broth and 1-1/2 cups water to boil. Add chicken; reduce heat, cover and simmer, turning once, until no longer pink inside, about 12 minutes. Transfer chicken to plate, reserving broth. Shred or chop chicken and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat; cook onion and leeks, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 3 minutes. Stir in carrot; cook until carrot is slightly softened, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in garlic, flour and thyme; cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes. Gradually stir in reserved broth; bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium; simmer until vegetables are tender, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Stir in gnocchi, peas and chicken; cook, stirring occasionally, until gnocchi are tender, 3 to 5 minutes
Serve in soup bowls with large spoons. Yummy
I had to wait until after running club to have my bowl and believe me it was great to come home to. The club always splits in to two after a warm up and the question was whether to go long or short, my fear on joining the A team was being tale end Enid but no I held my own, towards the back but not the tale.
Home, hot shower, onesie, warm jumper, nookie and a cup of tea great end to a Monday!