I would write one of them round up recap 2017 blogs but seeing as I struggle to remember what I did this past month, recalling beyond that is always going to be a stretch!
Suffice to say it was I think it was a year full of running highs and lows and I’m not just talking about the elevation profile. Running as ever has taught me many things this year…….
- I can achieve beyond what I thought was possible for this plodder of advancing years
- Running five Ultras in six months was over doing it! (Stop and think Shaz)
- When the body weakens the mind takes over
- When the mind crumbles somewhere the drive to complete a task overrides everything
- Sometimes it is detrimental to keep going and takes the joy out of running
- Before attempting any further challenge I need to sort out the fueling
- My feet can get uglier, loosing 7 toe nails does this!
On a personal level, 2017 was tricky, being made redundant has been more of a blow than I anticipated but 2018 will I’m sure hold new challenges and adventures. Having been struck down with the lurgy on Boxing Day my first challenge will be to get to New Years Day parkrun at Killerton, complete the 5k and not die in the process!
Happy New Year everyone x