My week started with a trip to the physio. He inflicted copious amounts of pain on my body, mainly with his elbow and then uttered the four letter word REST. I sought clarification, apparently this meant no running, no cycling, no swimming, no metafit. He suggested a trip to a Spa, not all bad news then.
The week deteriorated from bad, to worse, to bloody awful and this rest malarkey is no help at all.
I am now on day 10 of no running and I am really trying to find the positives, there are a few
- Much less laundry
- My house is cleaner and tidier than the norm
- There are no trainers on my doorstep drying out
- I stayed in bed until 8 am this morning
- I can eat chocolate (plays havoc with my running tummy so safer to avoid normally!)
- I can drink alcohol (usually avoid if running the next day)
- I have time to do those things I’ve been meaning to do for years
- I’ve stopped scanning the internet for running ‘stuff’
- I don’t check the BBC weather app daily
However if I was to do the positive for running it would be considerably longer, but lets not dwell on that!
Monday back to physio, when I shall ban he from using four letter words!