The final part…..
Obviously the aim was to run to Central Park, but the sub zero temperature put pay to that. Instead we got a cycle carriage ride around the various well known spots that have featured in many films
I would have loved to explore more but it was very cold. What’s not to like about a park that has running lanes!
This brought to an end our brief, hectic stay in the Big Apple. Just a taster, so much to go back to do. Here is a brief summary in case you are thinking of going
- It’s cold
- The subway stations are hard to spot
- It’s quiet till mid afternoon, with evenings being the busiest
- Eating out is not cheap
- Cars sound their horns all the time
- Tourist signs do not exist, or if they do they are well hidden, so take a map.
- The lights are amazing and on all day
- Take comfy shoes, you will walk miles
- Take the subway, it’s easy-get the app, it will take you from your location to any destination
- Take a tissue if you visit 9/11 Memorial