Today I was envious. It hit me like a double decker bus! Wow.
That got me to thinking…..oh dear. I realised then that envy occurs within many aspects of running
- Trainer envy:- I like to check out others trainers, especially if they are shiny new and CLEAN! Fortunately I currently don’t know anyone who has these, or I might just have to take them up a muddy track or worse a cow pat strewn field
- Speed envy:- not one that bothers me too much, but yes sometimes I would like to run faster with ease, the with ease would be fabulous.
- Running pretty envy:- how do they do it those runners who get to the end with not a hair out of place and what’s more without clutching a mansize hanky to mop up the sweat/snot. Unfortunately I seem to perfect the wet soggy hedge dragged backwards through look
- Wish I was running now also envy:- when I spot someone out running on a nice day, granted this is balanced by the ‘I’ve already done my run today’ smugness usually
- Long slender legs envy:- now to be honest this one is not just in regards to running. I would love to wear fancy colourful leggings and of course long slender legs run better or at least make it look like they do
- Long run envy:- (this is the one that hit me today) today at parkrun, I saw a normally speedy runner come in after me and when questioned she divulged she was running home as she needed to run 18 miles. Ouch. Oh how I miss those long runs!
Enough of the envy-feel free to add yours-on to the running.
Yes I’m back out there. I obtained permission from the physio as long as I eased in to it and ran flat. Thankfully we were away for a family wedding and staying next to a Canal, so off I went for a three mile outing along the Ashby De La Zouch Canal
Then we returned to Devon and the hills. Needless to say another physio appointment made for this week!
Happy to reporr though that this morning I managed to beat a Rio Olympic 10,000 metre runner at Parkrun. Granted Jo Pavey was running with her son, but that’s a small detail, right?
Definite shoe envy! Those Nikes are so pretty!
Aren’t they. I’m waiting for them to be reduced. So pretty!
Shit! Now I’m going to bed with shoe envy too! 😂😂😂
Aren’t they lush!
Step away from the Internet!
Canal paths are great! Yes I have run envy too *sigh* I just wish I could run without walking! 😦 but I’m sure I will get it back one day!
Those Nikes were standard olympic kit I think… Yes totally LOVE!
I envy your ability (when not injured) to run 18 miles without needing to be rescued by your husband!! Can I have some of your ability to run long, please? I’ll swap you a bit of leg!
What a great idea. But hey you can run long, just not this weekend.
Nike always has the best designed shoes, but they never fit my foot right. 😦
And I’m still in the position of envying all those runners out and about even though the humidity and heat aren’t at all amenable to running yet. Congrats on getting out there!
Glad to hear you are out running and following the physios instructions. I hope you get a good report. I sometimes have envy of most of those things too. I do try and keep my shoes clean though and have specific ones for the farm and ones for running in town. And as for the slender legs…I hear you! I don’t wear colourful leggins either for the same reasons.