I got to thinking the other day whilst out for a plod that there are many similarities between running a marathon and Janathon. One of the definitions I found on the web for a marathon was ‘a long-lasting or difficult task or activity.’ Janathon is both long-lasting and difficult, which I think on day 9 you would agree if not well check back on day 31. Here are the other likenesses I came up with.
- Involves lots of people
- There is a winner
- Some entries dress up
- Blisters occur
- Some plod, some race
- Some don’t make it to the end
- There are spectators
- You meet people on the way
- The weather can be wet, dry, hot, cold, windy, stormy, snowy
- They occur all over the world
- Injuries and illnesses stop participation
- Kit needed
- Stretching vital
- Foam roller usage crucial
For me today though no marathon, two miles, one slow, one fast, not fast enough again, but faster just than Wednesday!
In recognition of those bloggers and Janathoners up North todays chocolate was consumed for you. You are very welcome.
Hope you are all ‘Nestled‘ down, keep safe and warm