Last night I totalled up the miles I have done this week and it came to 35! Ridiculous amount when you are not training for a marathon. It would explain the extreme tiredness in the legs though. How have I notched up these miles?
- A long run last Sunday in mud, through large puddles, on paths that had disappeared in to the river, with an added mud slide by me down a bank, which various members of the club found funny but I did not.
- Club run round town Monday night
- Interval session round the village generally scaring the locals on Wednesday
- Friday night run with my running buddy
- Saturday morning- Killerton parkun in horrendous underfoot conditions, standing upright was the trickiest part, getting a PB impossible.
- Saturday evening- Killerton Nightrun. Yes Madam and I returned to Killerton to run in the dark around the estate. I was really looking forward to this (STUPID). We pitched up with our head torches and set off through the deep, dark woods at 5 pm. The route took in the worse of Killerton’s hills more than once, the first one I walked up purely because it was impossible to get any traction in the mud to run! One woman commented how disorientating it was to run in the dark, no surprise there as she did not have a head torch! (STUPID) I found it tough as by the time you could see the ground and decide where to put your foot, it was almost too late. Clearly I was going way too fast! Killerton’s terrain is tough in the light but super tough in the dark. The inevitable happened and I fell on all fours whilst going up hill having caught my foot on a branch. No harm done, but am sure my red face helped shine the way for some. The run was well organised, lots of marshals, keeping us safe. My favourite sight was glancing back to see everyone’s head torch bobbing up the hill, magical. Must admit I was very glad to get to the end, my legs shot from all the mud running. Thrilled to get some more bling.
- Having totalled up the weekly mileage it would have been a good idea to take it easy, but no STUPID here ran 9 miles with club today, more mud, more puddles but fortunately no slide or fall. So that’s 44 miles in 8 days.
Tomorrow I shall not be running. Tuesday I shall not be running. Wednesday I shall run as there is a Pub and a Pie involved and it would be STUPID to miss that.