I started my day off with another lovely bike ride on the lanes of Devon, am loving this kind of start to my day. This coupled with a pedal to the shop at lunch time means I clocked up 10 miles today.
Tonight’s club run was to start at a village called Farway, I am going to rename it ‘too dam Faraway’. The farm gods were against me-I got stuck behind a tractor. The navigation gods were against me-I got lost. The SAT NAV gods were against me- it could not find a satellite. All this meant I was late and I missed the club, just as I pulled in the village I saw legs disappearing up the road, I parked the car and tried to catch up with them. No luck there. I was gutted it was a beautiful evening, perfect for a club run, instead I pootled around the lanes on my own, managing 3 miles. On the upside I got to give these a trip out of the porch.
Maybe its as well I was home early, tomorrow I am off to Southampton for two days this means a 5 am wake up, so no bike ride in the morning to me for me.
Things I have learnt today
- Even on a bike you still have to stop in the hedge when you meet a bus or lorry
- My belly sweats when I ride my bike-ewwww
- Don’t rely on a SAT NAV
- Don’t rely on my memory when it comes to map reading
- Leave an extra 10 minutes to allow for tractor traffic
- Missing a club run makes me grumpy