Armed with these
Recently I have been having trouble with my foot, which I have kept quiet about (unless you live with me) as it is a well known fact that if you talk about something it will get worse and not disappear. Encouraged by Annie’s positive experience I decided to by pass the Doctor and go straight to the podiatrist.
The young girl (0ld enough to be my
daughter granddaughter) was very good, she agreed right away that the bunion can stay where it is if it is not causing any issues, hooray. After much prodding, poking and pulling she could not really work out what the issue is. She agreed I could keep running but maybe ease off a bit in the mileage, she thinks it might be arthritis. The plan we came up with is, ease off a bit see how it goes, if it flares up again go to the doctors and ask to have an x-ray. Become best friends with ibuprofen again. Take the results of their findings back to her before letting them do anything.
I was very worried about what she was going to say but came away reassured and with these positive thoughts
- I can still run
- I am not doing more damage by running
- The bunion can stay
- The bunion is not causing any of this
- There are worse feet out there than mine-she said so
- The bottom of my foot is quite fleshy (she did not say fat) so I have not worn my sole away-yet
- Possibly ultra marathons are not a good idea (phew)
- Podiatrists are lovely people, well this one was she did not charge me!