After a morning of anxiety and indecision, I arrived at the meeting point for a club long run off road. Anxious as I have not run long with anyone for a long time and indecisive as really did not know what to wear. Off road trainers or road ones, long sleeve or short sleeve, gloves or no gloves, black or white socks, light jacket or heavy jacket, drink or no drink. Its far easier when I just head off on my own!
In the end opted for off road trainers, short sleeve, no gloves, black socks, light jacket and no drink. Happy to report all were the correct decisions!
The club was running two distances 14 or 8 miles, I opted for the shorter route. Another top decision!
It was definitely an off road all terrain run. It was not an 8 mile run however.
- Miles 1 to 2 were in to a head wind along the river, boggy in parts but flat.
- Mile 3 was through woods, couple of hurdles to negotiate where trees had been blown down and where we managed to scare a horse with rider!
- Mile 4 was uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuupppppppppppppppppppp
- Mile 5 was rocky and muddy, terrain for mountain goats only
- Mile 6 we were lost
- Mile 7 still lost and run/walking in thick mud with deep water! Very slow mile
- Mile 8 the weather turned for the worse, rain with driving rain, oh joy
- Mile 9 running on a main road with cars whizzing by, not my favourite! Fastest mile though!
- 0.6 of mile 10 was joyful as by now even I knew where we were and that was close to the car!
Two jelly babies provided by the map reader who got us lost and all was forgiven