Firstly here is a better picture than the one I took that way you might feel like making it!
Now for the recipe!
- 1 tsp sunflower oil
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 200g floury potato-diced
- 3 tsp tikka masala curry paste
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 900ml hot vegetable stock made with 2 oxos
- 1 cauliflower cut in small florets
- 75g low fat fromage frais
- Heat oil, cook onion for 5 mins
- Add potato, curry paste, garlic and turmeric-cook 3 min, stirring
- Add stock, simmer 15 mins till potato soft
- Mash the contents of pan, add cauliflower (I kept mine chunky)
- Simmer 6 mins till cauliflower tender.
- Remove from heat, add fromage frais.
- EAT-yummy cheap dinner
This mornings 7 miles was a cross-country one. The weather was dry, the conditions under foot were not. Another load of washing done, another pair of trainers on the heater-muddy.
For some reason I thought January ended on Thursday, only found out today it’s Friday. Oh joy, another day to run, another blog to think of, but on the upside another day that allows me to beat my Janathon mileage PB!