For the second weekend in a row I was to run a half marathon, thankfully this one was nearer to home.
- To the police who had to close the road in to Exeter, due to an accident thank you for setting up correct diversion signs.
- To the runners and volunteers from killerton parkrun thanks for the encouragement at the start and end it was so nice to see a familiar face or five.
- To the lady I met at the start who lives on Dartmoor, I hope you got to the end in one piece and Good Luck with VLM 2014
- To the lady with the capri eating bottom, this would not happen if you wore big knickers, a thong is not great for running in.
- To the lady who had 6 gels attached to her belt that is really too many gels for a half marathon, I hope you made it to the end without needing the toilet!
- To the man running as Aladdin complete with flying carpet and collection bucket you are hardcore, well done.
- To the man who threw up in front of me, you should have taken my water when offered to rinse your mouth, hope you kept going.
- To the woman running wearing long tights, long socks, shorts, t-shirt and hoody, it is not WINTER what are you going to do when it is cold.
- To the BBC weather app, you got it right.
- To who ever is in charge of weather thanks for perfect weather conditions
- To the lady who warned me of the ambulance right behind me, thanks.
- To the ambulance driver who got his vehicle stuck under the finish clock on the finishing line, hope you don’t get much stick at work this week, but that was STUPID!
- To the cashier at Waitrose who when asked me how long the run was and when I told her replied ‘thats not so bad then’ I hope you give it a go soon so you can see how bad it is.
- To the nice young lad stocking the shelves in Waitrose, who asked me how the run went, thanks for asking and thanks for not saying you guessed I had run due to my attire rather than the emanating aroma
- To the organisers, great run but please do something about those ****** hills.
- To my legs, huge thanks for getting me up and down those hills and for knocking 16 seconds off my PB set last week
- To Madam you were wrong I came 28th in my age category out of 75+ not 29 thanks as ever for the vote of confidence.
For those of you who think I am exaggerating about the hills, this is Cardiff last week
This is Exeter