If you put in to google ‘Virgin London Marathon 2013 Slow’
A friend back in Essex who gained a VLM place this year through the ballot and the reject rule (both being gutted last year when 3 members of staff at the school where our girls attended attained a place-and all we got was yet another oversized raincoat-seriously how many people who run are built like Sumo wrestlers? You would think all of them by the sizing of those coats) found my blog recently by typing ‘London Marathon 2013 Slow’ in to Google! (hilarious) I am not sure how long she was reading before the penny dropped and she realised it was me (I don’t share the blog with friends on the whole, preferring to keep these people as friends not bore them to death, that I save for you fellow bloggers!) but I received an email shortly after saying she’d ‘found’ me!
Heidi’s trouble comes in pairs in more ways than one, she has two Madams aged 11 and her hubby gained a place to VLM also this year. Double the dirty kit, double the dirty trainers, double the sweat, double the vaseline purchasing, double the training and so it must go on. How they juggle work, the girls and training I have no idea. Well done to them both.
After my list of things I would not miss after the 21st Heidi emailed me her list so thought I would share it with you all
- Wearing Lycra or Work Uniform – seems to be my own choice of clothing at the moment, will be nice to wear normal clothes.
- Knees creaking as I walk up the stairs. (she’s only a youngster)
- Having to hold on to something every time I stand up from a kneeling position – feel like an old lady. (she’s only a youngster)
- Looking outside at the weather and know I have to motivate myself to get out and run. (Its been cold and cold and more cold in Essex, not so bad in warm Devon)
- Feeling guilty if I don’t run.
- Obsessing over training plan.
- When someone asks what I did on my day off or weekend, having something to say other than ‘run’ or recovered from a ‘run’. (Remind me what is there else to do?)
- Annoyed if people ask ‘hows the running’ annoyed if people don’t ask. Surely they should know by my general demeanour if I have had a good run or not. (Know I am like this-the face says it all! hubby can always tell and at times its just best NOT to ask)
- Washing pile – who knew a lady could sweat so much. (Why do my boobs sweat is what I want to know even when it is freezing outside still my sports bra is soaking)
- Crying – when I read my marathon mag, or Runners World/Real Buzz websites, when I think of all the charity’s, people overcoming illness/disability to run, or running in memory of a lost loved one…or generally just thinking of seeing girls when I am running marathon, oops here I go again with the tears. (Please pass a tissue that’s set me off and pleeease don’t play the Marathon theme tune)
They are right in what they say ‘MISERY LOVES COMPANY’, nice to know someone else has similar feelings about it all isn’t it?
Only 5 of us at Women on the Run this week the others wisely choosing to stay in the dry and warm, sensible people! Some weeks I struggle running with the ladies this week I didn’t maybe they were going slower!
(Thanks goes to Heidi)