Before Christmas I can’t think beyond the 25th December, before a holiday I can’t think beyond it, today I tried to think beyond VLM, (I do find it I think about it every waking moment).
What am I looking forward to after the 21st April?
- Choosing when and if to run.
- Staying in when the weather is awful, post-poning that run for fairer weather.
- Running three times a week not five.
- Sleeping a little longer on Sundays.
- Not doing so much washing.
- Being able to cut my toe nails without a hack saw and protective eye wear!
- I plan on eating chocolate and lots of it, have sworn off it due to stomach issues.
- Eating brown bread (fibre is dangerous when running)
- Drinking two glasses of wine and not worry about dehydrating on next days run.
- Reading a book or magazine that is NOT about running.
Maybe I should write a follow up blog to this about what I shall miss after the 21st April I feel that one might be a lot shorter!
Tonight’s run saw me return to the hills around the village and boy did my calves moan at me for the first half of the run. First time I have run out in to the country since the clocks changed, it was nice and glad the wind that was present on our shopping trip in Exeter had disappeared.