Our family like most has its own Christmas traditions.
- Christmas Eve we have Chinese takeaway for dinner
- We watch the Grinch as a family after dinner
- Stockings are hung
- Letter written
- Carrot, milk and homemade shortbread left out for the guy with the reindeer
- No TV on the 25 th (or very little)
- Chocolate can be eaten for breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Board games played
This year in our new home we have added one
- Christmas day walk by the sea
We did this yesterday where I managed to snap these
I have also decided to start a new Boxing Day tradition too, but have yet to break the news to the family, this is to run. Todays one saw me heading up a road I have yet to go up even in the car. Actually to use the word road might be an exaggeration. More like a one car width track. It was hilly. Correction it was very uphilly.See it is hilly, BUT the scenery was amazing. At one point I stopped to look at the view (ok to catch my breath), then I noticed that every sheep in the field was looking at me in a sinister Shaun Sheep kind of way! I didn’t dally for long. It was approximately a 4 mile run, but was nice and quiet and I only had to dive in to the bushes twice to avoid becoming flat roadkill, so think this might be a route I take often.
One of the gifts I was lucky enough to get this year was a subscription to Women’s running magazine, so after my run I started to read it and was thrilled to find out two things
- ‘Mature women a less likely to suffer experience vertical breast bounce’
- ‘You can get faster by running uphill’
I will leave you with these pearls of wisdom and wish you all a Happy 2013. Only 6 more sleeps to Janathon!