Yesterday I escaped the unpacking, the sorting, the loosing, the finding, the washing, the rubbish, the cooking, the cleaning, the ironing and the shopping and went for my first run around the country lanes of Devon. As I headed out it felt surprisingly good, then I realised it is down hill from the house to the end of the cul-de-sac! I took a left turn through old Feniton as I knew that if I went the other way there is a WICKED hill so best to do this downward not upward. The run passed uneventfully but must admit it is hairy running on these lanes even though I had the bright jacket on, this does not help on bends. so I spent some time zig zagging across the road. The scenery is better than the usual housing estate though. 4 Miles brought me to the end of the cul-de-sac to enable me to ‘cool’ down walking back up the hill to home!
Things I like about Devon so far:-
- You can go to the supermarket at 11.30 am on a Friday and get right to a till
- You can go to the Post Office, the week before Christmas and be the second in the queue not the 22nd!
- It is quiet
- When I hang out the washing I can hear sheep baaing
- The local Parish magazine has a hedgehog help line!
- I lay in bed at night and can see stars out of my window.
- Everyone is so friendly
- I like that when I went to a Carol service today with Madam’s new school and when the vicar asked the children ‘what makes Christmas so joyous’ a pupil stated it was ‘getting an Xbox 360!’ Just love his honesty!
- We are 10 miles from this
- And this
I think I am going to like it here!!!