Last weekend I gave myself a stern talking to and as that is the only person I listen too I started training for VLM 2013. Starting half term week was not a great idea but this is how it went.
- Monday I got up silly early and did 5 miles (clearly counts as two runs as getting up at 4.30 when you are off work is insane)
- Tuesday was a rest day (this is part of training Alma says so)
- Wednesday managed 5 miles round muddy hilly country lanes whilst madam was with horses
- Thursday shopping (this is part of training Rachel says so) purchased a Kelly Holmes running top from Tesco in the sale, this is bound to make me go faster
- Friday read and made notes from my Women’s Marathon Training book (this is part of training Carla says so)
- Saturday ran 10 miles with running buddy managed to do this quicker than previous time so pleased with that
- Sunday thought about those running a marathon in less than pleasant conditions, now that must count as training
Now week two might be tougher as hubby is away and I have to go to Leicester one day, so this week I will adopt an every run counts strategy, no mindless plods but effort for each session. This morning I did 15 minutes of intervals, tomorrow I will do hills (one repeatedly) Friday a tempo five (maybe) and of course I will continue to read, rest and shop!