Hubby was busy today so that left me with madam and unable to run till late, but I did learn alot through the course of the day and run. Let me share my new found knowledge:-
- When you hoover and your house ends up smelling like BBQ its time to clean the filters.
- Putting sprinkles in cake mix and making cupcakes with it makes a lovely looking cake when you bite in to it.
- When engrossed in book in the park under a tree, beware of silent approaching madam she will scare the **** out of you with the word “Mum”
- Running later in the day is good too
- Running after sweet ‘n’ sour chicken probably not so good as repeats
- Dog walkers NEVER move out-of-the-way what ever the time of day
- My shadow is fab after 7 pm long, thin and elegant
- Running at night makes me feel old not just because I am or because I’m knackered after 7.30 but because you see all the club goers making their way in to town “no love that is a BLOUSE not a DRESS” and “Shorts despite their name should atleast cover your bum“, quite proud that I managed to pass by without making a comment or whipping my vest off to cover their exposed flesh up.
- Running at night means rewarding myself with cup cake and diet coke is normal at 6 am this would be weird and ever so slightly gross
Totals 9 miles ran, very small bike ride to park, 10 minutes sunbathing, 40 minutes under a tree reading scary, gripping book
I love the shadow point – running mostly in the morning means that mine tends to be stumpy and ungainly. What do you mean “that’s not because of the position of the sun…”?
Thanks for the e-mail… really nice of you to get in touch like that. I am, of course, following your blog too. 🙂
The night time running mostly makes me feel dedicated – but having also gone out after 8pm on this Saturday night I do have to agree with you… people don’t wear very much! Definitely the best time to reward yourself with cake though – you put sprinkles IN it? Like actually in the mix?? This sounds delicious. Runners need yummy cake!
7pm running it is then.
Love the sprinkles idea, am definitely making some today, I do believe all this hard work deserves a reward 🙂
9 mile run, you are hardcore and that has inspired me to put sprinkles in cupcakes.
Which reminds me of this youtube clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzRH3iTQPrk
That is such a funny clip of the panda’s mum, know just how she feels, thanks for that.
i really like evening runs, especially now it’s still light. totally destresses me and makes the evening seem really long.
Cake at 6am…no problem!! Coke at 6am is a gross idea! I’m off to forage for sprinkles x
That’s too funny I know what you mean about the club goers! Sounds like you are doing fab! I can’t wait till I’ve dropped a few lbs on the treadmill so I can brave the pavement! :0)
Ha ha ha… If that’s what feeling old is Luke then I’m glad to feel old… I ended up in a club on boxing day far too sober and had to be restrained from actually covering girls up with my coat!!! I like gripping scary books… What are you reading?
Maggie I’m reading The Snowman, very gripping and full of suspense, not scary in vampire/ghost type way, really recommend it.
Pingback: 5th June – Hm, that’s the end of that theory « Fortnightflo's Blog
I seem to look long and kind of wide at the same time! Am I on a different planet?
Fab run well done. I do love when a good book draws you in like that. Now, have we swapped running times?!?! I can’t believe I ran and blogged before you!
The first time I read your second-last point I thought it said ‘club runners’ — a very confusing senior moment!