Yesterday I had an induction at the local gym. I have only been in a gym once before and have never been a member of one so this is new territory for me. The inductor was very nice and put a workout together for me. He had obviously been on a ‘how to be tactful course’ and instead of saying “my god you have huge hips/thighs/bum so we will target this area” (and I thought the huge Bupa 10k t-shirt would hide this problem area) he said things like “ladies usually want to target their thighs which is why I have included this machine”. Bless him. I struggled on one machine have no idea what it is called now but is a bit like a cross trainer and I could just not get it right at one point I was going backwards on it, now that’s what I call talent!
Madam is away on a sleep over and I had the opportunity to sleep in but of course managed to wake at 5.30 a.m so got up just after 6 and ran to the gym which is 2 miles away. I did the workout which lasted just over an hour. It did not go too bad. This is what I learnt after my first gym session
- Take a cloth-you will sweat
- Wear a smaller t-shirt-you will sweat
- You need more kit-you will sweat
- Never take money as you come out starving and there is a chocolate machine by the exit
- Dont look to the right when on the treadmill as this will cause you to almost fall off and will scare fellow treadmillers! (Did this twice)
- Dont put you hands on the machine where it will read your heart rate as will always say yours is too fast!
After the gym ran the 2 miles home so that is day one of Juneathon well and truly DONE!