The Bupa pack arrived this week, I have read and absorbed the booklet and now am terrified. Here’s why:-
- Paula Radcliffe is running too-OMG
- Apparently this is the ‘top 10k race in the running calendar’
- ‘The course is admirably flat and straight in most parts’ (surely this should be read all parts)
- The map of the course on middle pages looks sooooo long, think I will only look at the map on the following pages this looks manageable
- There is all kind of training advice dare not read this and feel I may throw up with the butterflies that are starting in my tummy.
- Must put the pack somewhere safe so as not to lose any of the contents before the big day, this is very scary as am great at misplacing things finding them, then misplacing them then finding them etc., 2 weeks of that will drive me mad.
None of this was helped as when I expressed my concerns to hubby that this was a ‘proper race’ he thought to reassure me with the words ‘you will need to be prepared to be one of the last to finish’-Thanks darling that really helped!
‘Er sunning in herself in Crete has suggested that bloggers running the Bupa10k might want to get together before the race for a drink and a chat. If anyone is interested in this or has a better idea on what to do on the day please email fortnightflo or me. Ideas of a coffee shop near the start that sells energy drinks and bars would be helpful too!
Was meant to run yesterday right after work but could just not do it instead flopped down in front of a jacket with beans and watched neighbours! This meant rising early this morning when I wished I had run yesterday. Jogged one mile, ran 3 as fast as I could and managed an average pace of 8:56 then jogged home, nice morning.